Our internship programme continues to be a success for Cancer Support Scotland. Supported by the Clydesdale Bank ‘Spirit in the Community Award’ we have seen 28 interns come through our organisation over the past 3 years, with many going on to full-time employment in their preferred field.
Our 3 internships can be found below. To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. For Graphic Design please also send a copy of your portfolio. For internships that are closed please note it may be up to 12 weeks before you are contacted.
Graphic Design Internship: Accepting Applications
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate looking for experience. The role is varied and will offer a high degree of job satisfaction for someone who has studied graphic design. The successful candidate will split their time between Cancer Support Scotland and Shine Agency, our graphic design partner.
“We work with clients ranging in size from single person businesses up to companies of over 1,000 staff spread across multiple UK wide sites. Our clients range geographically from London and South East England right up to the north of Scotland beyond Inverness to Loch Torridon. These are not ‘remote relationships’ we put in the time and effort to regularly meet with our clients regardless of their location.”
This will see you create materials including:
• Appeal brochures
• Event posters and tickets
• Appeal leaflets
• Service marketing materials
• Website copy design
• Fundraising materials
• Adverts for local and national press.
PR, Press & Media Internship: Accepting Applications
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or someone looking to move into the charity sector. The role is varied and will offer a high degree of job satisfaction for a skilled and enthusiastic communicator.
• Draft basic press releases
• Case study and story research
• Compiling media lists and distributing press releases
• ‘Selling-in’ stories to media
• Constant update of our Social Media Websites
• Assist with internal promotion of press coverage
• Write Web Copy for our Website
Assist with the day-to-day running of the Communications Strategy, including:
• General administration; filing, data input and post
• Further project based tasks to be reviewed and agreed
Desirable skills and abilities
• Any relevant communications or PR experience would be beneficial but not essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work using own initiative
• Great organisational skills
• Excellent IT skills
Fundraising Internship: Accepting Applications
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or someone looking to move into the charity sector, which we anticipate to last 12 weeks, Monday – Friday, core hours of 10am until 4pm, with one day off a week to job search. The role is varied and will offer a high degree of job satisfaction for a skilled and enthusiastic communicator.
• Researching potential major donors, corporate partners and trusts, and writing supporting documentation
• Assist with planning and organising all relevant community events
• Marketing our campaigns
• Create and host your very own event in the centre
• Attending events and fundraising activities
• Building and maintaining relationships via our database (Etapestry)
• Supporting our volunteer networks
• Sourcing prizes and donations
Details and Requirements
In order to work effectively in a changing environment, flexibility is required from the post-holder. Any other tasks that may be requested will be at the same level of responsibility and terms and conditions of employment.
We ask that all interns are available to attend the office 10am – 4pm, 4 days a week with an extra day dedicated to job searching. The internship is for 12 weeks, unpaid.
We require each intern to send in their CV along with a portfolio of their previous work. We require the candidate to attend an informal interview, prior to commencement of the role. Two references are required before start.
Cancer Support Scotland will refund all expenses incurred in travelling to and from your home to the Calman Cancer Support Centre, Glasgow, G12 0ZE