An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Fundraising Team as our Head of Fundraising.
You will lead on the development and management of our Fundraising Team to drive fundraising revenue to support Cancer Support Scotland’s current services and our strategic objectives for our future growth.
Cancer Support Scotland provides free counselling, complementary therapies, podiatry to people with a cancer diagnosis, their close family members and carers from a wonderful calm centre in the grounds of Gartnavel Campus and in libraries across the central belt of Scotland.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic individual to come on board as Fundraising Manager and take full accountability for all aspects of fundraising. You will help us to increase the number of people we support who are affected by cancer.
The organisation requires an income of around £550,000 per annum with a longer-term plan to grow this. The role of the Head of Fundraising will be to support, mentor and develop a small team of fundraisers (four direct reports). You will also be responsible for generating your own proportion of the target.
This role will be based in our centre in the grounds of Gartnavel Campus. There is also the option to occasionally work from home.
The post holder will report directly to the CEO. It is expected that this role will help to create a fundraising strategy.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead the Fundraising team to ensure delivery of targets (this is £550,000 of committed income)
- To lead on all aspects of Fundraising Compliance, providing regular reports, ensuing a quality management framework is in place that provides regular reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively manage the team ensuring each member has clear targets, regular reviews and performance development reviews, and ensuring they have the support and development opportunities they need to succeed and progress in their careers
- Manage engaging and effective communications and ensure an effective stewardship and recognition plan is in place.
- Work with the team to further develop and manage a major gift, corporate partnership, events, community giving, general donations, grant and legacy prospect pipeline and secure pledged and actual income
- Ensure records that relate to donor relationships are effectively managed and maintained, and provide financial reporting and other management information on a timely basis
- Contribute to cross-organisation projects including programme, product and partnership development.
- Work with the CEO to help shape the future Fundraising strategy and structure for Cancer Support Scotland as the organisation looks to increase its charitable impact.
- You will be an experienced Fundraiser with a minimum of 2 years management experience.
- A track record of managing small Fundraising teams with experience of securing income from either: a variety of income streams, including and not limited to grant applications, events, community, regular giving and general donations.
- Proven ability to proactively build, manage and develop effective relationships. This will include a highly developed ability to successfully negotiate with others to achieve desired outcomes and to influence a range of external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to deliver income against agreed targets, including a thorough knowledge and track record of success in major gift, corporate, grant, community and legacy development
- Experience of successfully delivering a fundraising strategy including capital appeals and campaigns
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage a team, supporting their development to maximise results
- Project management skills and proven ability to organise and plan own workload and the workload of others, identifying conflicting demands and establishing clear priorities in order to meet agreed objectives.
- Understanding of compliance and legal frameworks and understanding of current trends across the sector
What benefits will our Head of Fundraising receive?
Cancer Support Scotland employees make a positive difference to the lives of people who are affected by cancer every day. As an employer we really value the contribution they make! As an employee you’ll receive:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 25 days + Bank Holidays.
- Auto enrolment into the Cancer Support Scotland Pension Scheme.
Do you have the ability to help us support people who are affected by cancer through our Fundraising Initiatives? Then we need to hear from you! APPLY today. You can apply by clicking on Indeed website for Head of Fundraising at Cancer Support Scotland with a C.V and a covering letter telling us why you would like to work for us.
Job start date: ASAP
Salary: Depending on experience
No. of Vacancies: 1
Working hours: 37