#GivingTuesday on November 28 is a global day of giving supported by businesses and individuals and fuelled by social media and we’d love you to get involved by supporting Cancer Support Scotland.
#GivingTuesday is the perfect antidote to the excesses of Black Friday and Cyber Monday and you choose how you want to support us whether it’s by donating, making, baking or even tweeting.
You could have a dress down day, wear red, wear blue, wear a rainbow, walk a day in someone else’s shoes to show your support for someone facing cancer; sponsor your colleagues to dress as a superhero, wear their favourite band t-shirt to work or unleash their inner Mary Berry. It’s entirely up to you.
All we ask is that you consider raising vital funds for Cancer Support Scotland and by doing so help cancer patients, their families and their carers all over Scotland.
There are many reasons to help us on #givingtuesday. Here are just a few:
- Scotland has the highest rate of cancer diagnosis per capita in the UK.
- 86 people are diagnosed with cancer every day and this will continue for the foreseeable future.
- We provide emotional and practical support on a one-to-one basis to anyone affected by cancer including family and carers.
- All of our services are 100% free of charge.
- From the Cancer Support Scotland Centre in Glasgow we support families from all over Scotland.
- Mortality rates for all cancers are 61% higher in the most deprived areas compared with the least deprived areas.
- We deliver outreach services in some of the most deprived communities in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Renfrewshire with an ambition to expand our services to reach even more vulnerable people.
- The youngest patient we are supporting is just 18 years old and the oldest is 92.
- Our services can help alleviate pain and stress from cancer treatments.
- We are not just an in-patient service and we support people outwith the hospital and medical environment.
- We receive no government or NHS funding and rely on sponsorship, gifts and donations. All donations – large and small – make a huge impact and a massive difference to the people we help.
To sign up contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0141 337 8199