We are always looking for people who are willing to donate some of their time to help those who have been
affected by cancer. See below for all of our opportunities, from counsellors to fundraisers, complementary therapists to photographers.
We are currently reviewing applicants - if you have not heard from us within one week please call 0800 652 4531 to confirm we have received your application.
We're always looking for volunteer counsellors who are able to give up 3 hours per week to see people who have been affected by cancer, including families and carers. If you're a qualified counsellor, a counsellor working towards their accreditation or a student counsellor with a minimum of 100 hours of face-to-face counselling experience please get in touch. We pay for 1.5 hours of external supervision per month. We're currently recruiting for the following slots:
West of Scotland
- Calman Centre, Glasgow - various days and times
- Castlemilk Library, Glasgow - Thursday mornings
- Dennistoun Library, Glasgow - Thursday 11am-2pm
- Parkhead Library, Glasgow - Tuesday afternoons
East of Scotland
- Bathgate Partnership Centre, Bathgate - Thursday mornings
- Carmondean Connected Library, Livingston - Various days and times
- Strathbrock Partnership Centre, Broxburn - Wednesday afternoons
- Craigmillar Library, Edinburgh - Monday 1pm-2pm/Thursday 11am-1pm
- Drumbrae Library, Edinburgh - Tuesday 11am-1pm and Thursday afternoons
- Morningside Library, Edinburgh - Tuesday 2pm-4pm
Here what our Counsellors and Complementary Therapists have to say about volunteering with Cancer Support Scotland.
Click here to listen to Taylor describing her experience as a volunteer counsellor.
We are looking for volunteer complementary therapists to work in our Outreach Centres in Drumchapel and Castlemilk. Due to the nature of our clients we require volunteer complementary therapists to have a minimum of HNC in Complementary Therapy or three complementary therapy qualifications.
We pay £5 every week for laundry expenses, pay for insurance and equipment and reimburse all travel costs.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our Volunteer Team. Our volunteer fundraising team help the staff at events such as charity dinners, half marathons, fayres, art exhibits, coffee mornings, race nights and guest speakers and can get involved in as many or as few as they would like.
We're always grateful for anyone who can spare a few hours of their time, even if they can't commit to volunteering on a regular basis. More information about all the events can be found on the 'Events' page - www.cancersupportscotland.org/events
Call the Centre on 0141 337 8199 or Freephone 0800 652 4531 for more information. Alternatively you can email the volunteer team at firstname.lastname@example.org.